You just got your new Fitbit and you’re ready to start tracking some steps! Where do you start? We’ve pulled together our top list of 100 best things you can do to get the most out of your Fitbit.
USING YOUR FITBIT
7 BEST COMPANION APPS
The Fitbit app is great for general use, however there are apps that perform certain tasks better. Here a few of the most popular ones.
- MyFitnessPal — Largest database of food, restaurants to track diet, and calories.
- MapMyRun — Find ideal running paths. Track your runs.
- Strava — For performance athletes. Mostly biking and running.
- Runkeeper — Most in-depth running app.
- Fitstar — Workout videos.
- Sparkpeople — Free diet plans and support community.
- Matchup — Join challenges with users of other brands of fitness trackers.
BEST PLACE TO GET PERSONALIZED WORKOUTS
- ChallengeBox – Get personalized monthly workouts and challenges.
10 INFORMATIVE VIDEO TUTORIALS
Get to using your Fitbit faster by walking though one of these top setup video tutorials.
- Tested — Fitbit Zip
- Best Sports Watches — Fitbit One
- Jim Cry — Flex
- 30plussomemore — Flex
- DHTV — Charge
- Jim Cyr — Charge
- Tablets for Me — Charge HR
- Tech Union — Charge HR
- AskUncleDave — Surge
- Mark’s Tech Vlogs — Surge
BEST EBOOK MANUAL
Get advice for how to lose weight using your Fitbit.
3 COOL THIRD PARTY TRACKERS
These products make it even easier to track your daily progress.
- Aria Scale — Smart scale that measures weight, body fat percentage and BMI
- Withings Scale — Smart scale that measures weight, body fat, BMI, your heart rate an even air quality.
- Thermos Hydration Bottle — Smart bottle that tracks how much water you drink daily.
7 WAYS TO EARN MONEY
Who doesn’t like money? Earn some simply by using your Fitbit.
- Walgreens Balance Rewards — Walgreens rewards program.
- Achievemint — Earn rewards across multiple stores and apps.
- Pact — Put your money where your mouth is. Make a bet that you’ll achieve your fitness goals.
- Higi — Join fitness challenges to win prizes.
- FitStudio — Earn points for working out, and redeem at stores such as k-Mart and Sears.
- Bonuts — Based in the UK. Earn rewards for working out and checking into your local gym.
5 FUN IFTTT SCRIPTS
If This Then That (IFTTT) is a site that allows you to automate actions from your Fitbit.
- Remind yourself to go to bed earlier — Sends you an email when it’s time to head to bed.
- Post a status to Facebook when you achieve your distance goal — Brag to your friends about your Fitbit progress.
- Update Fitbit activity to Google Spreadsheet — Fitbit only allows users to export 30 days of data at a time. This automates the process.
- Share on Facebook when you’ve slept enough hours — Put your friends on guard when you’re sleep deprived.
- Send a daily summary to Evernote — Leave a diary about your activity daily in Evernote.
11 BEST FITBIT REVIEWS
Read about other people’s experiences with their Fitbit.
- Wearable — Surge , Charge HR
- DC Rainmaker — Surge
- Pocketlint — Surge
- Gizmodo — Charge HR
- Digital Citizen — Charge HR
- Wired — Charge HR
- TechVoid — Flex
- In Real Life — Flex
- TechRadar — Flex
- Anverelle — One
8 AWESOME COMMUNITIES
Join these communities as you begin your journey.
- Fitbit Community — Topic Discussions , Help Forums, Activity Groups
- Reddit — Fitbit, Progress Pics
- Facebook Groups — Fitbit Addict , Fibit 4 Life , Fitbit Rules
10 BEST FITNESS BLOGS
These blogs provide great ongoing advice about being healthy and losing weight.
- Fitbit Success Blog — Featuring success stories from real Fitbit users.
- Greatist — General health and wellness blog backed by science.
- Fit Bottomed Girls — Authentic duo sharing their trials, tribulations and adventures in staying fit.
- Nerd Fitness Blog — Everything from weight lifting to cooking to philosophy.
- Lalymom — Fitbit expert covering all things Fitbit.
- Summer Tomato — Eat healthy without dieting by a neuroscience Ph.D Darya Rose.
- Food Heaven Made Easy — Blog by Registered Dietitians with a passion for clean eating.
- Running on Real Food — Healthy recipes for those with a sweet tooth.
- Girls Gone Strong — Focused on strength training for women.
- Workout Mommy — Fitness secrets from a badass single mom.
10 BEST INSTAGRAM PROFILES TO FOLLOW
Daily visual motivation from fitness experts on Instagram.
- Jen Sinkler — Former US Rugby Player.
- Bret Contreras — PhD and personal trainer
- Burn This — Community of people committed to fitness.
- Instarunners — Runners on Instagram.
- Mind Body Green — Live inspired and healthy.
- Jeanette Jenkins — Workouts, Food, Fashion.
- Jessamyn — Yoga teacher and body acceptance.
- Noah Ohlsen — Crossfit athlete.
- Trackerbeat — Get the most out of your fitness tracker.
10 BEST PINTEREST BOARDS
Tips on workouts and eating healthy.
- Fitbitisms — Funny quotes about Fitbit life.
- Kate with a Camera — Motivation for real people.
- Lululemon — Inspirational words.
- Men’s Health Magazine — Nutrition tips and recipes.
- Fitness Republic — Tips for weight loss.
- Physique 57 — At home workouts.
- American Council on Exercise — Simple workouts.
- Laura G Wilson — Healthy Meal Ideas.
- Pop Sugar — Another guide to weight loss.
- Trackerbeat — General Fitbit Tips and Advice.
EAT CLEAN & LOOK GOOD
6 TOP HEALTHY PREPARED FOODS COMPANIES
Don’t have time to cook? These services deliver healthy meals directly to your doorstep.
- Factor 75 — Healthy meals delivered to your door every week.
- Freshology — Custom plans based on your goals.
- Weight Watchers — Healthy eating programs based on diet plans.
- BistroMD — Healthy entrees and weight loss program.
- Fuelfood — Delicious healthy affordable meals delivered to your door.
- Fresh Diet — High end. Meals delivered to your door daily. Food is never frozen or freeze-dried.
7 MOST FASHIONABLE ACCESSORIES
Personalize your Fitbit to meet your needs.
- ToryBurch — Fancy.
- Fit Jewels — Transform your Fitbit into jewelry. Dozens accessories to match your style.
- Bytten — Metal and plastic accent pieces for your Fitbit.
- Wocase — Stylish wrist cases for the Fit bit One and Flex.
- Digihero — Fasteners to keep your Fitbit flex from falling off.
- Bitbelt — Practical accessories for every day use.
- Funktional Wearables — Stylish metal bangles that let you wear your Fitbit without anyone noticing.
5 FUNNY FITBIT TEE SHIRTS
Wear it proud.
- “Fitbitch” — Redbubble
- “Got Steps” — Redbubble
- “Fitbitten” — Teespring
- “My Fitbit Says I’m Dead” — Activate Apparel
- “Drop 10 and Gain Zen” — Cafepress
Whew! That was a lot. But it should cover all of the bases to help you get started with your Fitbit.
If this post was helpful to you someone else might like it too! Share this post with them.